Monday, October 1, 2012

DIY Pumpkin Syrup

It's October. One of my favorite months. The leaves are changing, the weather getting a little cooler in the evening. The dew filled spider webs in the morning, and of course... pumpkin everything!

Me being allergic to practically everything, it's hard to just order something even as simple as a coffee without taking the risk of getting a rash on my hand or my sinuses stuffing up like crazy. So... I make my own versions of things.

Today I made Pumpkin syrup to add to my drip coffee, oatmeal, or add to steamed almond milk for a dairy/soy free steamer. It's a very simple recipe and if you are not a pumpkin fan, it makes a quick and easy gift for someone that does.

Here's what you need:
Simply mix all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to boil. Lower the temperature to a simmer for about 5 minutes while stirring to make sure all sugar get dissolved and doesn't burn.

I let mine sit for about 10-15 minutes so that it could cool and thicken then poured it in a small jar. You can keep it in your refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.

Have fun with it! I made a batch with 3 heaping tablespoons to make it extra pumpkiny. You can add cinnamon, honey, the options are endless...

Happy fall!

0 comments:

Followers

About This Blog

Photobucket

Here you find little pieces of my life, inspiration, DIY's, and behind the scenes of my Etsy shops. I'm always thinking of new things and love to share. Thank you for stopping by...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP